About Me

My photo
Our adventures started in amazing Alaska, but have since taken us to beautiful Spokane Valley, Washington. Our family consists of Nick (Dad), Becki (Mom), and our four boys: Alvin, Alex, Rilie, and Jackson. I enjoy homeschooling our kids and we're excited for what adventures Spokane has for us.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Road Trip, Pumpkin Pie, and Autumn Leaves

ROAD TRIP! 

My first real American road trip! I packed up the kids and we headed for Provo, UT. 
(Sorry for the lack of announcement, I wanted to make this trip about family). 
It was a wonderful drive! The last three hours were long, but overall... a great trip! 

We left at 6:45am, mist was still rising off the lake. The lakes in ID were BEAUTIFUL!!! 
I never knew how gorgeous the NW truly is. 

First rest stop. We usually needed break every 2.5 hours, 
between restless kids and nursing babies. 
Alvin is smashing rocks with a rusty maul.

Deer jaw bone... and lots of bear scat around. Nothing refresh though.

Dinosaur Museum

Cousins! Alvin and Alex were so excited to see their UT cousins. 
This is at the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. 


Behind the glass, you can watch them clean actual dinosaur bones!


My camera had a hard time focusing in the dim lighting. 


Erosion table. It was full of sand and streaming water. 
There was a little boy who climbed on top, and Rilie was quick to follow. 

This scale tells you which dinosaur weighs the same as you, 
we won't tell you which one.

Tennyson!

Great Skeleton!

Sand pits, you can sweep away the sand and discover dinosaur skeletons. 

This is Jackson's mischievous face. 

I love this picture of Tennyson... I wish the camera didn't yellow it so much.

Temple Square
This part of the trip was so important to me. I actually got to take my boys to temple square. 
I haven't been in 10 years... a lot has changed. 


This is probably the most beautiful mall I have ever been too. 
Instead of indoor hallways, you walk outside. 
In the middle of the "hallway" there are creeks and ponds with live fish swimming.


I'm shocked no one fell in the water!








They were all big helpers!


My first time at the Cheese Cake Factory!
Peanut butter & chocolate one was fantastic!


Church head quarter.



Salt Lake Temple
My parents were married there, as well as Nick's grandparents.


Aunt Andrea provided pennies for each boy. She's so kind!

My camera died at this point :(

We toured the LDS museum with the children's section. The boys enjoyed working on Nephi's boat, handling a replica of the Golden Plates, biking like the missionaries, dressing up and learning Latin dances. 

Baking fresh pumpkin pie.

Alvin and Alex helped with the guts

Rilie "helped" wash the seeds. 



Jackson looked adorable in this outfit!


My angel, Alex.

Sweet Alvin.

Gathering spices for pumpkin pie. 


My amazing boys!

Rilie loves climbing into Jackson's car seat. 

My little elf. 

Autumn Leaves
The boys were piling up leaves to ride their scooters through. 



Let me out! Let me out!

Rilie was busy un-piling the leaves. 






Typical Rilie face.

Rilie desperately wants to ride a scooter. 

Alex chatting with Jackson. All the boys are so good with him. 


Another common expression of Rilie's. 




No comments:

Post a Comment