About Me

My photo
Our adventures started in amazing Alaska, but have since taken us to beautiful Spokane Valley, Washington. Our family consists of Nick (Dad), Becki (Mom), and our four boys: Alvin, Alex, Rilie, and Jackson. I enjoy homeschooling our kids and we're excited for what adventures Spokane has for us.

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Happy Holidays!

I have no time to really expound, but here are pictures enjoy! The kids are taking most the pictures, so they are really blurry. These were the ones that survived.


 Nick took the kids camping! All of them! I organized our bedroom.


Wind storm knocked down trees. Alvin, Alex, and Rilie loved learning how to use a bow saw.

Jackson taking on the difficult task of eating batter. 


I bottled peaches and made jelly

We toured a gold mine!


We learned how to pan for gold. 


Jackson loves cooking!

We tried to go camping another time and it didn't turn out. 
The website said it was open. We drove 3 hours to find out it was closed. 
Nick wouldn't let the night be a total fail, so we got the kids out of the car and looked
at the amazing starry sky. We also played with glow sticks. 

Helping dad fix a wooden sword. 

I am the supply lady with one of our homeschool groups. Which makes Nick the supply man. 
He cut out 56 sheets of butcher paper for our human body unit. 

We watched General Conference. 
I bake Rhodes' Orange Rolls Saturday morning General Conference is happening.


This was one of our most peaceful conference since Rilie learned how to crawl.


Alvin and Alex were asking why they don't have snuggly pictures with me. 

Yes, I am the most amazing mom on the planet. 
I. made. this. costume. 
I made the cape and cowl from a felt square.
I bought a long sleeve black shirt & black pants.
Nick traced the Batman symbol (I needed emotional support, sowing makes me swear).
I cut it out and sowed on the batman symbol.
AND I didn't just do it once, I did it twice. He has them same costume in grey. 
(Not the cape, just the clothes.)

Jackson really loves cooking.

And eating...


...and sitting in containers.

We painted and stamped a fall mural.
I painted the back drop and the kids painted leaves to stamp on it.

While I make dinner, we have blanket time. 
It's a beautiful thing. 

Alex and Alvin are getting so big!

We listened to a lady present about local birds.
I thought it was going to be a nature walk.
The boys were good sports about it. 
We are attending a second part that will be outside.

A fort that broke and turned into a boat. Jackson is reading. 

Jackson is cookie monster! Our ward knows how to throw a Halloween party. 
There was an electric chair, Zombie target practice (Nerf guns and Priests dressed as zombies, sling shots with marshmallow ammo - they shot the Deacons, all sorts of carnival games outdoors, and a trunk or treat. The youth throw this for their service project.)

Sling Shot room, this was the only indoor activity. 

We are helping LDS Homeschoolers grow this year and it's growing quickly. 
This was our Halloween activity. 


Baby Conner! 


Rilie turned 5 a few days later!



Raingutter Regatta
Alex's boat (left) won first place! Alvin won title: Most Deadliest!, Rilie and Jackson also had boats. Rilie LOVED being a part of the activity after the official race was over. 
Jackson's boat is supposed to be pink. I painted it silver. (He had no interest in helping). The silver was no coating the wood well, so I thought, "Let's use red and have the silver over that." It just turned into a metallic pink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment