About Me

My photo
Our adventures started in amazing Alaska, but have since taken us to beautiful Spokane Valley, Washington. Our family consists of Nick (Dad), Becki (Mom), and our four boys: Alvin, Alex, Rilie, and Jackson. I enjoy homeschooling our kids and we're excited for what adventures Spokane has for us.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Coming along...

School is chugging along for the three boys. Paul loves kindergarten! He's coming along well and finding words to read. He's also beginning to read stories back to me. Alvin is enjoying it this time around... although after two years of preschool (making this his 3rd first day of school), it's not as fascinating to him anymore. He enjoys the friends, change in scenery, and what not... but I can tell this year will be harder for him. Nick is LOVING fencing. His teacher represented the US in one of the past Olympics, which is cool. They have been fitted for suits and masks. He has learned he enjoy the Pistol grip over the French grip. He's hoping they'll be allowed to hold their swords today.

Other than that... I am learning how to balance my expanding world. I remember my dad telling me, "If you see your kids as in the way, they always will be. If you treat them like the highlite to your day, they will become such." It's so true. Instead of scheduling my day out by hours, I schedule it around naps. Rilie and I play till his first nap, then I work on my calling; then we play till his second nap, then I clean the house. If he skips a nap, I don't fret about my calling or house work. It's taking a lot of faith. Not that I don't want to play with Rilie... there is just a lot to learn about Primary (like preparing for a Sacrament Program) and it really affects the family if I get too behind on house work. But, switching to this method has really helped a lot. Thank you for inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I have also found that I do best when I pray for guidance in knowing when I can't let the laundry or dishes or my calling go but that I need to make it a priority. It seems very elementary, but restructuring your priorities often causes you to get back to basics... I'm right there with you :) We also developed a roll of film that we had laying around and it turned out to be some B&W's of your wedding day. I'll send them your way once we get them touched up. :)

    ReplyDelete