About Me

My photo
Our adventures started in amazing Alaska, but have since taken us to beautiful Spokane Valley, Washington. Our family consists of Nick (Dad), Becki (Mom), and our four boys: Alvin, Alex, Rilie, and Jackson. I enjoy homeschooling our kids and we're excited for what adventures Spokane has for us.

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year & New Resolutions...

Hello All,

Although, I must confess... I feel like I'm typing into cyber space waiting for someone to pick up my digital note in a bottle. If you're out there... please let me know.

I don't typically make "New Year Resolutions". I think it's a silly time to make a resolution. The holidays are busy, emotional, and crazy (in the good way and sometimes the bad way). How is one going to make a healthy realistic goal that builds one up, rather than tear them down even more? Anyways... regardless, I feel drawn to making one this year. This year's goal is a return to simplicity. It's an easy goal I return to about every few months. I go through my calendar, agendas, and to-do lists. I nix off the items that aren't essential, and enjoy the next several weeks of being a mommy, wife, and friend. After a couple months, some more non-essential craziness clutters my life and we start over. So, here's to another SIMPLE new year :D

The holidays have been wonderful. We are so excited to go to my parents' cabin. Alvin & Paul are really excited to go snow machining and shoot off fireworks.

4 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. Simplicity is the only thing I can think of that can really sum up and govern each part of your life. :) BTW... I read every post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I'm not alone in blogger land. I read yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm out here too! I probably do blog catch ups once or twice a month, but I'm here! I read it all! :)

    ReplyDelete