About Me

My photo
Our adventures started in amazing Alaska, but have since taken us to beautiful Spokane Valley, Washington. Our family consists of Nick (Dad), Becki (Mom), and our four boys: Alvin, Alex, Rilie, and Jackson. I enjoy homeschooling our kids and we're excited for what adventures Spokane has for us.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 1...

Day 1 of Working Out

I am blessed with a ward full of sisters that love to run races and the like. For a year they've been encouraging me to do a 5K with them. A couple weeks ago, a friend who is training for a triathlon found a great deal at a local gym. It's affordable and has a free day care for our little ones. I spent the last week thinking about it: Will I commit? Am I wasting our resources? On Saturday I made the decision: Yes, I will commit! Which was cool, because our Home Teachers came over on Sunday and shared the message about the need for missionaries. They talked about the different aspects for couples to prepare: Spiritual, financial, and health. He encouraged us to read D&C 89 and see how it can help us prepare for a mission when the time comes. Another affirmation, that this is what I need to be doing.

I now have a schedule in place. I'm really hoping and praying I can stick to it. Up early to read scriptures & take my medicine, guide the kids in their morning routine, get Rilie ready, eat breakfast, take the kids to school, head off to the gym, back in time for lunch and naps. It's a delicate balance with some key components. I can't eat breakfast for an hour after I take my medicine (so, can't be late there). If I over sleep, scriptures study and medicine are missed and mom, kids, and Rilie are overly rushed out the door. This also means, mom and dad can't stay up late... which was developed over the last semester when he didn't get home till 10pm.

The good news is not only will working out & study the scriptures not conflict anymore, I have naps to pull together Primary & Family business. There are a lot of good things that can happen, I just hope I will make them happen.

Here's to Day 1!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. I am excited to come and workout with you!

    ReplyDelete