About Me

My photo
Our adventures started in amazing Alaska, but have since taken us to beautiful Spokane Valley, Washington. Our family consists of Nick (Dad), Becki (Mom), and our four boys: Alvin, Alex, Rilie, and Jackson. I enjoy homeschooling our kids and we're excited for what adventures Spokane has for us.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Family of six...

Life is good. I feel like I already have 4 kids, in a good way... exhausting, but in a good way. I know it will be very different when little Kael, Jackson, or Andrew comes along (I can't decide for sure what name we're going to use).

I am still really enjoying homeschooling. I'm switching to Well-Trained Mind schedule/philosophy. It will be different, but I am excited. It's a lot more intense, but I feel like we could be doing more... although Alvin is enjoying his independent learning. We'll see if I can continue to give him that independence with more direction. Paul is excited to switch to homeschool next year. The biggest challenge I see to continuing homeschooling is getting out and about. I want them to have the benefit of going out, meeting new people, working with other adults. I think that is important. With a 2 year old and pregnant, it's nearly impossible.

Pregnancy is going well. I'm feeling a lot more movement, which is wonderful. Time feels like it's going faster, now that I'm over half way (24 weeks on Sunday). I started seeing the chiropractor, which I love! I'm not in any pain. I've had friends that used a chiropractor during their pregnancy to stay off alignment issues, discomfort, and help them with an easier birth. Dr. Jessica specializes in pregnancy, infants, and children. She works with a lot of special needs kiddos and uses manipulation to take pressure off the spine and nervous system. I'm interested to see what she can do for my boys.

Things continue to go well, one day... one dinner... one lesson... one errand... at a time. I'm enjoying this new phase. Hopefully, I can keep up this perspective. The last few years have been tough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment