About Me

My photo
Our adventures started in amazing Alaska, but have since taken us to beautiful Spokane Valley, Washington. Our family consists of Nick (Dad), Becki (Mom), and our four boys: Alvin, Alex, Rilie, and Jackson. I enjoy homeschooling our kids and we're excited for what adventures Spokane has for us.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Taking my own advice...

I am needing to take my own advice. Something, I've been learning at deeper and deeper levels the last two years. When your body is telling you to slow down... do it! There are so many things I want to do, so many things I need to do... and all I can handle are a few things here and there, then a rest that lasts twice as long as any of the projects combined. I am trying to focus on the moment, instead of the list as a whole: Friday night - Primary Class Party; Saturday - Baby Shower & getting rid of stuff; and today - going to church.

This week, I will focus on purging our home more. I'm really glad I stopped packing and I am just focusing on donations & trash runs. I am getting much farther! Yesterday, I was able to get rid of 4 bags of toys... trust me there are plenty more. Two bags were donations, two were trash (broken or missing pieces). I did this while the boys were busy with other things. It's very emotional loosing toys, even the ones we don't play with. Tomorrow, I will focus on puzzles & board games. Lots of little pieces everywhere. We'll keep the ones that are complete and throw away the ones that aren't.

So, here's to slowing down! Focusing on what's at hand! Whether it's packing, a snuggle, or stopping for a break/food.

No comments:

Post a Comment