About Me

My photo
Our adventures started in amazing Alaska, but have since taken us to beautiful Spokane Valley, Washington. Our family consists of Nick (Dad), Becki (Mom), and our four boys: Alvin, Alex, Rilie, and Jackson. I enjoy homeschooling our kids and we're excited for what adventures Spokane has for us.

Monday, February 7, 2011

My break is over... ready for more!

Two Fridays ago, I woke up with a whacked out shoulder & neck. I couldn't even lift Rilie. I went to a chiropracter recommended by a couple friends. Tomorrow is adjustment 4 of 4. The massages have been painful, but good. Apparently, the years of bad posture and lifting children caught up and exercising was just the last straw the broke the camel (or my) back. I learned a lot of good things... like Omega 3s are a natural anti-inflammatory, and I'm back to pushing hard.

Today, I was going to get in the water... since that is my weakness with the three events. But, CSI was airing part II of an episode I never finished in college (roommates fav show, but I did enjoy watching it with her from time to time). So... biking and elliptical it was!

I don't know what to call what I do on the elliptical ... it wasn't walking or running... something in between?? Whatever it was, I did 1.75 miles in 25 minutes.

Biking 6.35 miles (35 minutes)

Total burn for the day: 510 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment