About Me

My photo
Our adventures started in amazing Alaska, but have since taken us to beautiful Spokane Valley, Washington. Our family consists of Nick (Dad), Becki (Mom), and our four boys: Alvin, Alex, Rilie, and Jackson. I enjoy homeschooling our kids and we're excited for what adventures Spokane has for us.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Almost there...

The apartment is packed up, Nick & his dad are driving through Canada, and the kids and I are visiting with family before we go.

Packing went so much smoother than it started. I'm so grateful for all the help we received from family and friends. I had two sisters from church help me pack up my apartment. Loading the truck went incredibly quick! We had eight people from church come help us. Some of them brought kids, which was great, because our boys loved spending some extra time with their friends. Cleaning went super well. My mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and visiting teacher came over. We were done in 2 hours! I feel so blessed for all the help we received.

Nick & David left early Saturday morning. They discovered the U-Haul has a governor capping them at 65 mph and with all the stuff in the back really couldn't go over 50 mph. The trip was going to be much longer than expected, but they are still making good time (days-wise). They got to White Horse the first day (16 hours) and Fort Nelsen the second day (12 hours). With the trip half over, and not "needing" to be in Spokane for 4 more days, they are going to take it easy. They have are planning to stop in a few cities and enjoy what there is to see. I'm so glad they are doing this trip together.

Friday, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner with my family and weekend fun at my parents' cabin. I enjoyed going to nursery with my folks and the boys going to Primary with their cousins. We'll be with Nick's family the rest of the week. After all that packing, it's been great to just relax and not worry about most things. Everyone's been very kind to let me just focus on the kids and being pregnant. We will miss them all dearly.

Overall, the boys and I are doing surprisingly well. With me being pregnant, Rilie being a complete daddy's-boy, and my older two needing some paternal reminders to respect mom... it was looking like a potentially long week. Nick gave me a blessing before he left and it reminded me of the importance of being gentle, remembering how much the boys will be missing their dad, and to focus on the excitement of our new adventure. These words of wisdom have been very helpful. 

3 more days in AK and on to new adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment