About Me

My photo
Our adventures started in amazing Alaska, but have since taken us to beautiful Spokane Valley, Washington. Our family consists of Nick (Dad), Becki (Mom), and our four boys: Alvin, Alex, Rilie, and Jackson. I enjoy homeschooling our kids and we're excited for what adventures Spokane has for us.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Confessions of a crazy mom...

Today, I wanted to take the boys to a new park. But, they loved yesterday's park so much, they begged to go back. On our way there, I miss the turn off. No biggy, I can just turn around. Except there are no places to turn around for awhile. Then we see this beautiful waterfall out of no where! I ask the boys if they want to explore the waterfall, before we turn around. They agree.

It's a beautiful waterfall. Not huge, but it is very full. There are paved trails going different directions. There are wonderful rails that keep Rilie out of the water, without detracting from the beauty of this waterfall & pond. I don't see any ducks and wonder why all the rails & fencing. Then I see them! TURTLES! At least a dozen of them! I start screaming, "TURTLES! TURTLES!" I'm like one of those AK tourist that have never seen a moose, make you stop the car (going down the New Seward hwy), so they can take pictures. I'm shaking the boys shoulders, "Do you see the turtles!" They calmly respond, "Yes mom, I see them." Fortunately, there were no other witnesses to my hysteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment